Idioms, Phrasal Verbs and Vocabulary: Let your English skills shine through discussions! - Cohort A
with SL Rockfish
March 04, 2023 – April 02, 2023
Get on the waitlist now!
✨ The Speaking Club with SL Rockfish is a great way for you practice speaking in English and working on your confidence in a community of dedicated club members. ✨
💙 Check out the Immigo Community Guidelines here!
The Speaking Club with SL Rockfish is a safe, fun-filled opportunity for you to practice and improve your English.
- What you’ll learn: New idioms, phrasal verbs and correct pronunciation of the words
🎯 The goal of this Speaking Club is to help you speak ✨REAL✨ English. This is the change you will see in yourself:
BEFORE the course: Shy, use basic vocabulary to communicate.
AFTER the course: Confident, able to use advanced idioms and vocabulary to communicate.
️ We will achieve this by:
- Attending live workshops hosted by SL Rockfish. This cohort will focus on how different things affect us!
- Engaging in pod meetings (small group conversations) with carefully selected students from all over the world with prompts related to what we discussed in the workshops.
- Engaging in the community group chats and practicing speaking English as much as possible together!
💙 Requirements to join
- You should have a CEFR or equivalent intermediate or higher English proficiency (B1 or higher)..
- Not sure what your proficiency level is? Check here
- You are 16 years of age and up!
- At this time, the club experience is designed for folks over 16 years old. Please be patient, as we hope to create a program for younger learners in the future!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take this course if I have a full-time job/am a full-time student?
Absolutely! The speaking club will not take a lot of your time. However, we ask our students to dedicate at least 3 hours each week to the speaking club.
What is the price of the full course?
The price for the full 5-week speaking club is 39 USD.
Do I have to attend all of the live sessions in real-time?
Not necessarily, but we advise you to attend the weekly live streams so you can chat with SL Rockfish and learn about the new topic.
What time will the sessions be held?
Join the Immigo team and SL Rockfish via Zoom starting from March 4th at 9:30 UTC-6 (Chicago Time). You’ll also practice English with other club members in small speaking groups at a time that your group can decide together.
Will I work with other students?
Yes! We hope you can make many new friends and find a great English speaking partner to truly improve your English speaking skills.
Will I get to meet SL Rockfish in person?
Yes, you sure will! During the live Zoom call, you’ll have a chance to talk to SL Rockfish and ask her any questions about the topic and language learning.
What our students say
“Excellent teacher. Excellent content. I recommend so much this course, because I learned tricks and tips to add to my English fluency. Thanks so much teacher”
– Sandra M. Rojas
“It’s impossible not to love this teacher.”
“I wish I had you as my teacher when I was in school.”
“Very nice professor.”